Invitations for membership are extended to advisors who:
- Devote 50% or more of their time to estate planning* for the past three years.
- Have attended at least three monthly meetings in a given year (maximum of six as guest).
- Have a relevant professional credential or designation (preferably).
- Have at least two members in good standing to sponsor the application.
*Estate planning includes planning for clients’ physical and financial well-being during their lifetimes, providing for the transferring of their assets following their deaths, administering trusts and estates and assisting clients with tax issues that arise in these contexts.
Sponsors are asked to:
- Know the candidate well enough to attest to his or her professional integrity.
- Write a brief statement on the application regarding how you believe the candidate’s membership will advance the mission of SBEPC.
Members enjoy all privileges of monthly meetings, availability of continuing education credit, invitations to special events, posting on the organization’s website, the opportunity to introduce and/or sponsor other candidates for membership and the opportunity to serve as a director or officer.
Membership dues are $300 per year (July to June) and there is a one time $100 initiation fee. Dues are prorated for members who join after the year has begun. Payment is due after the approval of your application by the Board of Directors.
Annual membership dues include all breakfast meetings, which are held on the second Thursday of each month, September through June, at the Depot Restaurant in Torrance. Social exchange begins at 7am. A full breakfast is served at 7:30am, and the speakers’ presentations are from 8:00 – 9:00am. Each meeting features a speaker on issues of importance to estate planning advisors.
For further information about membership, or if you have questions about the attached form, please call Marlowe Kepner at 310/375-6300 or via email.
Complete the application linked below and mail to:
South Bay Estate Planning Council
c/o Marlowe Kepner
1145 6th Street, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254